The Best Place To Sell Your Business Or Buy Your Next One!
DescriptionThe Poppy Trading Company provides unique, vintage and antique furniture to hire for weddings, parties, corporate events, product launches and photoshoots. With over 450 on-trend mismatched chairs, 25 wooden trestle tables, 34 bespoke wooden benches and soft furnishings to seat around 40, the business is big enough to sustain good profits for the foreseeable future, but small enough to allow for significant expansion if desired.
2013/14 Profit £15,259
2014/15 Profit £19,232
2015/16 Profit £26,295
Included in the sale price is;
* Bookings for 2017/18. Currently, (as of 13/02/17) we've taken 50% deposits for 44 bookings for 2017, 6 for 2018, leaving balances DUE to Poppy Trading worth £14000. (Currently on track to match 2016's total of around 70 bookings for 2017, so as well as the deposit guaranteed £14k balances due, you should take around another £10K in bookings for the rest of this year, and then more still for bookings into 2018.)
*All furniture stock, including 450+ vintage style folding, stacking and free standing wooden chairs.
25 wooden trestle tables
34 chunky wooden benches
Soft furnishings (sofas, armchairs, coffee tables etc) to seat around 24.
* Our workhorse Vauxhall Movano Van. Clean MOT until Jan 2018. 170k on the clock, but going strong. If you don't want the van, the sale price will be lowered by £2000.
* The website, and all programming for it, plus the FB social media site. Had 35000 hits in 2016, is ranked on 1st page Google for vintage furniture hire and related search terms.
* All software, templates, email inbox, and back office programmes required to run the business day to day.
* Contacts on repeat bookings, venues and suppliers.
* My help during a handover period if required to ensure a smooth transfer.
All you require to run the company is a suitable storage space (we currently occupy a storage shed approx. 4m x 20m). The business can be run entirely by one person, with bookings taken all year round, and the majority of deliveries carried out in the summer months, leaving the winter months relatively quiet for you.
This is a great opportunity to buy a fully functioning, profitable and proven business, with bookings in place for this year and next.
I'm only selling now as my growing family demands more time than I can currently give them running this business and another separate business. It's time for me to move on, but it will be a very reluctant sale as I built this business from scratch, and have poured my heart and soul into making it a success.
Financials and further details can be seen by interested persons on request.
This item is now sold